Zotero can be made to search the journals database at Central Michigan University. If you’re a Central Michigan University student with an appropriate login, you can use this feature to quickly find full-text articles through Zotero.
Zotero allows you to search a library catalogue directly from its interface. Click the Locate button for a journal article and Zotero, by default, takes you to WorldCat, a public service for searching multiple libraries.
Here’s where the Locate button is found, in the third, far-right panel of the Zotero interface in Firefox.
In order to search the Central Michigan University library with your student login, you need to change one of the preferences. From the ‘gear’ menu in Zotero, select Preferences.
Under the General tab, set the Resolver to the following URL: http://sfx5.exlibrisgroup.com:3210/cmich
Once this is set, the Locate button can be used to search the Central Michigan University journals database. Note that this only appears to work for journal articles at this time. Book searches don’t seem to work through this method.
- Brief Overview of Canadian Intellectual Property Rules
- Firefox Search plugins for Ukrainian Wikipedia and Wiktionary
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2011
- Getting ready for Manitoba Fall Suppers 2011
- Winnipeg Tarot Co.
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2010
- Simple Random Sample Generator for Statistics
- OpenOffice.org Templates for APA-Style Student and Academic Papers
- OpenURL Multi-Resolver Tool for Zotero
- Fido charging customers for its mistakes?
- Network configuration for HP LaserJet 4 printer
- Full restore from Time Machine and resuming backups
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2009
- Security or convenience?
- APA-Style Template For OpenOffice.org Writer
- Google Scholar Advanced Features
- Google Conversations
- Plagiarism and authority
- Zotero Resolver for Central Michigan University library
- Zotero bootstrap
About the authorOrest Kinasevych is a digital media and publishing technologies instructor and consultant. He currently holds a faculty position at Red River College in Winnipeg, Canada. Orest has worked as a publishing technologies consultant to clients in publishing, pharmaceutical, travel information and financial industries across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
FeedbackComments, suggestions, criticisms, and any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Use the comment tools provided in the articles or use any of the means indicated on the Contact page to reach the author.