I’ve made a small contribution to the OpenOffice.org templates database. It’s an APA-style template (based on 5th edition manual) that I use for the papers I write in my graduate studies courses.
The following are some tips for using the template.
None of the Heading styles contain automatic page breaks. Page breaks must be placed manually for each new section that requires a page break. Automatic page breaks seem to create page numbering and printing problems that may conflict with other APA style requirements.
Some placeholders are populated from the document properties. These are: document author, university name, instructor name, and short title.
This template is set with ITC Franklin Gothic Std Book. The two forms are normal (Roman) and italic. Bold and bold italic are not required by the APA style. Users may substitute Arial or Helvetica as sans-serif fonts, or Times New Roman as a serif font.
The content on the title page is centred vertically through the use of a text frame. This frame expands or shrinks according to the number of text lines it contains. It will remain vertically centred as the number of text lines changes.
There are several key page styles in use. The Default page style applies to all inside pages, including Appendices. It places a header with short title and page number in the upper right of all pages. The Title Page page style applies only to the title page. It does not have a header nor a footer. The TOC page style is for the Table of Contents. It includes a footer with a centred, lower-case Roman numeral as the page number.
- Brief Overview of Canadian Intellectual Property Rules
- Firefox Search plugins for Ukrainian Wikipedia and Wiktionary
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2011
- Getting ready for Manitoba Fall Suppers 2011
- Winnipeg Tarot Co.
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2010
- Simple Random Sample Generator for Statistics
- OpenOffice.org Templates for APA-Style Student and Academic Papers
- OpenURL Multi-Resolver Tool for Zotero
- Fido charging customers for its mistakes?
- Network configuration for HP LaserJet 4 printer
- Full restore from Time Machine and resuming backups
- Manitoba Fall Suppers 2009
- Security or convenience?
- APA-Style Template For OpenOffice.org Writer
- Google Scholar Advanced Features
- Google Conversations
- Plagiarism and authority
- Zotero Resolver for Central Michigan University library
- Zotero bootstrap
About the authorOrest Kinasevych is a digital media and publishing technologies instructor and consultant. He currently holds a faculty position at Red River College in Winnipeg, Canada. Orest has worked as a publishing technologies consultant to clients in publishing, pharmaceutical, travel information and financial industries across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
FeedbackComments, suggestions, criticisms, and any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Use the comment tools provided in the articles or use any of the means indicated on the Contact page to reach the author.